This pancakes are a serious life changer.
Having a bad day? These pancakes will make it better! Having a great day? These pancakes will make it the greatest day of your life!
This recipe was my first real attempt at customizing my go to gluten free recipe and boy, did I ever come up with a winner. These Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes are bursting with flavour - I mean, doesn’t the name kinda say it all? N’ah what I mean? They are moist, fluffy, hearty, vegan, gluten free and oh so stack-able. Best looking pancake stack I’ve ever made, in fact. These pancakes are SO good, I didn’t even smother them in maple syrup and I put maple syrup on EVERYTHING!
My husband and I whipped these up for a busy Saturday breakfast last weekend and these delicious pancakes powered us through the rest of the morning. Super easy to make, the pancakes are prepped entirely in a blender - yay for less dishes! We loved them so much, that the next day I played with the recipe a bit and made carrot cake pancakes (which were also amazing and will eventually grace this blog with their presence). It was pancake heaven around here last weekend 😉
The idea for these pancakes was born out of an epic mashup of my favourite flavours - for weeks now, I have been craving peanut butter and chocolate chips like it’s no one’s business. Then last weekend, while poking around in my Instagram feed, Dana from Minimalist Baker posted this awesome picture of some amazing looking Peanut Butter Flaxseed Oatcakes that one of her followers had made. That’s when the magic occurred - what if I made a pancake version of the food cravings that had been following me around all week? Using the inspiration from Dana’s delicious looking regram, I set out to conquer my food cravings and came up with this epic recipe.
Using oats as the base, these pancakes are gluten free and almond milk, a flax egg and my favourite Enjoy Life mini chips make them vegan too. Score!
We topped our pancakes with even more peanut butter, some sliced bananas and a sprinkle of extra chocolate chips. Maple syrup, jam or even vegan nutella - mmm nutella - would all make for awesome toppings too.
I hope you love these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes as much as we do. Post your own attempt at them on Instagram and tag them #glutenfreeveganpantry so I can check them out!
Lots of love & happy eats,
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1¼ cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 2½ tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp enjoy life chocolate chips
- 2 cups oat (certified gluten free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add ground flax egg to blender and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, until thick and gel-like.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips to blender. Blend on high until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick, similar to pancake or muffin mix.
- Preheat a well oiled skillet over medium high heat. Once heated, reduce heat to medium low. Pour batter onto pan, creating pancakes that are about 3-4" in diameter. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until edges are noticeably golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serve with syrup or with a good smear of peanut butter and some extra enjoy life chips tossed on top.