Welcome back! I hope you’ve had an enjoyable weekend!
I thought it would be really fun to start a regular post feature called “Super Easy Sunday” where I share quick and delicious recipes that require only a few ingredients but leave you with the utmost satisfaction. Let me know in the comments section if there are any suggestions that you may have for this weekly feature.
This morning, as I gazed upon the light, fluffy snow that was once again falling from the sky (can you tell that I’m so over winter now?), I drifted off to memories of our recent trip to Mexico. The sun. The sand. The abundance of tropical goodies. Needless to say, I was quickly brought back to a harsh reality that started with shovelling our driveway. But before I bundled up to brave the cold, I thought I would start my morning off right with a quick and easy tropical inspired breakfast.
I give you: the Tropical Smoothie Bowl! With only three ingredients, this recipe is quick, delicious and guaranteed to leave you with warm thoughts of summer. Sunglasses are optional, but highly recommended.
Lots of love & happy eats!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of your preference)
- 1½ cups frozen mixed tropical fruit (my mix had pineapple, peaches, strawberries and honeydew melon)
- ½ frozen banana
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix (or blender of choice)
- Blend on high until smoothie consistency achieved. Add water as needed until your preferred consistency is achieved.
- Top with additional fresh fruit, granola or whatever else your heart desires.