Are you ready?
I can wait a minute…
So, I think this may be the tastiest thing I’ve ever made! Okay, well if it’s not the tastiest, it’s most definitely the most addictive thing I’ve ever made! In fact, we loved this recipe so much that we’re making it again for dinner tonight. And we’re doubling it. Please don’t judge… Here, let me distract you with another yummy picture.
One of the hardest parts of going vegetarian for us has been giving up chicken wings. They were one of our favourite pub foods and super hard to give up – until now. These Buffalo Cauliflower bites are good. So. Freaking. Good. So now when we think about our old food loves, we’re like “Chicken What?”. It’s a good feeling. Who ever said that gluten-free, vegan recipes could never be tasty has clearly never sat down with a plate of these bad boys. Yum!!
Can I let you in on a little secret? They’re also ridiculously easy to make and if you’ve learned anything about me yet on this blog, it’s that I love easy!
I was inspired to try these out after seeing similar recipes pop up in my Pinterest feed day in and day out. I mean, if you see something enough it’s going to eventually haunt your dreams – you know what I mean? Thankfully these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites were the best kind of haunting, a friendly ghost, if you will. I almost called them Buffalo Cauliflower Caspers…before I realized that was a terrible idea.
These bites require only one bowl, 5 minutes of prep and 7 ingredients. See? I told you they were easy!
These would be the perfect appetizer for a get-together, sports event, potluck or, my personal favourite, a Netflix binge with your special honey. House of Cards, anyone? Toss in some of my awesome Spicy Salty Sweet Roasted Chickpeas or Hummus Crackers and it’s an instant party!
And, the super best part of these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites? They love to be dipped! And not just a ‘lil slowly dip your big toe in and feel out the water style dip – these guys love to get all up there and cozy with their sauce. They deserve to be dunked into a sauce that is worthy of their spicy Buffalo-ness. Our choice? Ranch, but Caesar or Blue-Cheese would also be amazing (vegan varieties, obviously).
Let us know if you try these out at home – I promise you it will be love at first bite! Post your photos of your own Buffalo Cauliflower Bites to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and tag them #glutenfreeveganpantry so we can
stalk follow your feeds 🙂
Lots of love & happy eats!
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend*
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Add all ingredients except cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed and the consistency of cake batter.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and coat each piece with the Buffalo Sauce. Place battered pieces onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, making sure that pieces are evenly spread out on pan to ensure consistent cooking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip all cauliflower pieces and bake for an additional 10 minutes (If your bite sized pieces are on the larger side, or if you have a really full pan, you may need to bake for 15 minutes each side).
- Finish off with a low broil for approximately 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy to the touch.